|Learnt At||25-30 faith.rituals.misc.target|
|Skills Used||faith.rituals.defensive.area, faith.rituals.defensive.target|
|Requirements||Symbol and a god-specific item|
|Granted By||Pishe, Gufnork, Gapp, Sandelfon, Fish, Hat and Sek|
Transforms an item into a being. The resulting totem is a type of minion.
This rather new ritual is in fact a very old one (that was removed for a while). When performed upon an item related to your God (see below), it transforms the item in a being (also depending on your god). The totem will protect the performer automatically. They can also be ordered to protect an npc. Totems have horrible offensive skills but when shielded, they may be a useful protection for younger priests. As with all priestly minions, a totem will not fight someone of the same faith, and will depart if forced to (by the summoner attacking same). Totems granted are different from God to God.
The totem's alignment is the same as that of the priest who summoned it.
Totems can be referred to as "totem", "summon", "minion", "creature", or the specific type ("salamander", "lungfish", etc). The Sandelfon version--a rocky creature--can also be referred to as a troll.
Special features of individual totems
Sandelfon's totem is notable in that it has troll skin.
Hat's totem leaves behind a party hat when it departs, effectively making it an endless source of free party hats.
Pishe's totem will not attack.
When performed upon an item of significance to your deity, it will summon a creature that protects you. The exact item and creature vary from god to god. To perform this ritual you will need a holy symbol, and you may only command one totem at a time.
> perform totem on fluff You chant the psalm of transformation. You call upon Gufnork to transform a huge ball of orchid fluff. A dust bunny flashes into being.
25-30 faith.rituals.misc.area (Hat)
- faith.rituals.defensive.area (Confirmed by mocking)
- faith.rituals.defensive.target (Confirmed by mocking)
Base GP Cost
It costs 40 gp to summon a totem if you are not already controlling any minions, and an additional 20 gp for every minion you're controlling. So, summoning a totem when you have one dust devil will cost 60 gp.
- Holy symbol and a god-specific item (not consumed):
- Wet Towel or Container with 1 pint of water* (Pishe)
- Fluff (Gufnork)
- Stylish clothes (Gapp)
- A rock/pebble/stone (Sandelfon)
- A fish (Fish) (The wrong item will be "not fishy enough".) Items that work: stuffed haddock, fish or piece of a fish from a fish shop, origami paper fish.*
- Party hat or underwear (Hat)
- Body part* (Sek)
* requirement details
- Pishe: Wet towel -- will be dried, but will not be consumed. Items other than towels have not been tested but may work.
- Performing splash on yourself while carrying or wearing a towel will get it wet enough for the ritual.
- The lightest towels (at 5/9 lbs) are red beach towels, large black towels, frog green towels, blue hand towels, and yellow foot towels. (Please fill in if another lighter towel can be found)
- Patched floral towels are next at 1 1/9 lb, while fluffy pink towels and large white towels are 2 2/9 lbs each.
- Pishe: Container with at least 1 pint of water. (Neither container nor water will be consumed.)
- Blue water will work.
- Container must be worn or in inventory.
- Fish: To get a light totem object, you can cut up (or partially eat) a fish. Note that not all fish can be cut up, and not all fish take more than one bite to eat. Origami fish are also light, at 1/9 lb.
- Sek: Body part -- Human fingers weigh only 1/9 lb. (Although any creative Sekkite will undoubtedly find many more small body parts to cut off.)
The totems vary, depending on which god the priest is worshipping.
- For Pishe, it is a misty woman.
- For Gufnork, it is a dust bunny.
- For Gapp, it is an empty robe.
- For Sandelfon, it is a rocky creature.
- For Fish, it is a lungfish.
- For Hat, it is a vulture.
- For Sek, it is a salamander.
|Will Attempt to Resist||N/A|
|Will Be Angered||No/Unknown|